Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Words of wisdom from my students


Excerpts from some holiday activities I did with my students:

LETTERS TO SANTA:

To Santa,

I've been good this year because I want many friend and I'm beautiful. I'd like to have want to gift and doll. I pinki promise I will believe in santa and I have happiness family. Thank santa, and "Merry Christmas". I love you Santa

-Golfpy, M5/5


To Santa. Hello! My nickname is Sun. I am a good kid because I feed my dog and my fishs. I want gift. I want go to space. I cook for Santa in space. Thank you Santa.

-From Sun, M4/3



Dear Santa,

Christmas this year. I was good for Santa to give a gift to me. THis year, I'm getting a good job to help the school. Help parents work. And the good of society. I was not good because I had a gift, but I'm getting better with it. What I want is wings. Because I want to go wherever. I like birds. Next year I will make good by being good to parents, and a good citizen. 
Hope that Santa will read a letter.

-From Zee, M4/3



Dear Santa (Korin),

I've been a good girl because I have been studying so hard and get 4.0 grade for many term. I help my parents to take care their job. I talk more polite. I take care other feel more and I help  my town to save accident and most problem on flooding's day such as I have made emergenzy toilet for victim. Hahaha!!!
So on Christmas Day I want something cool. It may be IPhone 5, extra power, D.I.Y. gift or food. 
Next year I promise I will be better than now and I'll love you more. Especially I will not forget to wish something what I want to you. Again and Again.

-From Miw,  3/01





NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS:

-I promise to love the world; Mod, 4/2

-I want to taller than you (Kru Korin). I’m very low;  Frame, 4/1

-I will love my girlfriend forever;  Pooh, 5/5

-I will calm down;  Pear, 4/01

-I will be eating vegetables but I don’t like it;  Ice, 4/1

1.       play games
2.       travel
3.       eat eat eat and eat
4.       get up late
5.       loose the weight
Mo, 4/1

-Look for real love in Korea;  Kanphiram, 4/1

-I’m going to sleep to speed things up; Nan, 5/5

-I will play computer games all day all night;  Boat, 5/5


-Stop drink coke. (ToT) (noooo!) <<+ (-- ) (lose weight!!!);  Ing, 4/1

-I do not fear anyone; Boss, 5/5

-I want to go to the space in the future;  New, 5/5

-forget someone;  Miew, 4/1

-I will not copy your homework;  Kik, 4/1

-I will use money economizely;  Bow, 4/1

-I will have a girlfriend everyday;  Big, 5/5


-Visit Kru Korin at America;  Nine, 4/2

-I want to eat cake;  Kae, 5/5


FROM MIDTERMS: the prompt was "Why is it important to protect the environment?" I was worried about this exam, because it's a hard topic for them to write about without dictionaries or notes. But this girl rocked it:

Once upon a time, the world is very beautiful and freshy. in the ocean have many sea animal, fish, and colorful sea flowers. In green forest they have long trees. The animal love the world. Suddenly, the god make 1 man and 1 woman. The god said to little humans "Please protect and love your world, it's a last thing that I can do". The god smile and flying to the heaven in blue sky. Little human smile and said "Yes, I will love this world every day!"
But 10 years later from 2 people before 100 people. Many people cut the trees, catching the fish and kill many animal for them fur clothes, them shows, bags and hats. People forgot the god.
Sooner or later the world will be fulled of pollution. People will dead. But 1 little people think "Nowaday we destroy our world, I'm sorry..." He said and cry. "I promise, I will take care and protect you, my world"

So! I think, I want to protect my world. Because the world will be with me forever! haha! =D

-Gam, 4/1


This midterm was following a debate I had set up in my M4 classes about global warming. I split them into four groups: 
-Scientists that don't believe in global warming, 
-Scientists that say humans cause global warming, 
-Average Jo who doesn't know what global warming is, and
-Penguins. 

4/01 did an amazing job with this. After two hours of debate and everyone decided the we should all love penguins and let them live in our refrigerators if necessary, the closing comments from the scientists were "Penguins, all of us are trying to save you. Now what are you going to do for help us?" Average Jo chimed in and said, "Yeah Penguins, you do nothing, you just go around and eat fish. You don't plant trees!" The Penguins replied, "If another life is true, I will born to be humans like you. เราเจอกัน" 

No comments:

Post a Comment