Thursday, October 11, 2012

A farewell

After a year and a half of being in Thailand, my darling Hawaiin/Thai sister, P'Tara is going back to America, as well as my Thai brother, P'Be. They've been wonderful friends for me this past year, and it's definitely going to be strange not having them here. Our school had a retirement party last week, during which P'Be and I were supposed to say our goodbyes to the school, even though I'm not leaving yet...Like any good Thai party it ended in dancing and karaoke, where I learned how to waltz and cha-cha-cha with the physics teachers that FAILED all my M4 students and whom I will never forgive for making all my students cry. He was a good lead dancer though, and learning cha-cha-cha while P'Gai was singing karaoke was indeed entertaining. Anyway, that sub-par dinner party does not do my departing friends justice. It took me a few weeks, but I finally managed to complete this video for P'Tara recapping our year together to give to her as a going away present. It's the first video I've ever made and posted on youtube, and it was really fun! Notice the significant improvement in my ability to take pictures, as well as make a movie as the video progresses =)


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIstUrA9gA&feature=plcp)

No comments:

Post a Comment